HARVESTING BERRIES EASILY WITHOUT PHYSICAL CONTACT AND DAMAGES
KOKAN 500S is towed behind harvester that efficiently harvests blueberry, raspberry, blackberry, black currants, haskap and other berries.
KOKAN500S with unique and innovative Air Jet harvesting technology by imitating storm and shaking plant/berry with pulsating air jets of controlled velocity and frequency, in a natural way and without physical contact with the plant is processing only technologically mature fruits without damages.
Unlike other industry available harvesters, the mechanism of agitating fruit plants is essentially touchless, resulting in minimum fruit bruises and bush damage rate.
Deploys industry proven and improved methods of detached fruit collection, transport and purification. Delayed free fall of detached and collected fruits is another inherent and distinctive design feature of KOKAN 500S, which provides further reduction in bruise rate. Air Jet Technology with technology of soft berry drops (pneumatic pillows) allows mechanically blueberry harvesting for the fresh market at the level of manual harvesting quality.
Inherent application versatility is accomplished via simple and user friendly adjustment of machine operating parameters, such as independent adjustment of pulsating air jets velocity and frequency.
Harvesting for fresh market
Unique harvesting solution with significant advantages
Advantages of Air Jet harvesting over mechanical harvesting
Mechanical berry harvesters with mechanical shaking technology with percussion system are represented on the world markets. With respect to mechanical shaking, KOKAN 500S offers air shaking and purification of fruits, which has many advantages:
- Multi-functional harvester with friendly adjustment operating parameters for harvesting wide range of berry fruits including Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Black Currants and Haskap;
- Selective harvesting – harvesting mature fruits only;
- Capability of harvesting from the beginning of harvesting season, when there is a greater number of immature than ripe fruits;
- Ability to harvest the same row from day to day without fear of trauma or damage to the plant;
- Do not come to break gender branches and reduce the yield;
- Air Jet Technology with technology of soft berry drops (pneumatic pillows) allows mechanically blueberry harvesting for the fresh market at the level of manual harvesting quality.
Advantages of Air Jet harvesting over manual picking
Today, picking berries in our country and in the world is mostly done manually, which requires considerable labor costs and prevents the rapid fruit harvesting. KOKAN 500S, in addition to more reliable and efficient harvesting, has other significant advantages over manual picking:
- It replaces up to 200 pickers a day;
- Meets Food Safety Standards (HACCP);
- Increases yield in kilograms;
- It prevents the onset and development of the disease;
- It enables planting to be extended to economic viability;
- Increases dry matter content by 50% over hand-picked fruits.
Technical characteristics – Standard model
|Length (with tow bar)||mm||5.200|
|Width (with closed platform)||mm||2.900|
|Width (with lowered platform)||mm||4.000|
|Height (lowest position)||mm||2.650|
|Speed of harvesting||km / h||0,3-1,5|
|Harvesting capacity||ha / Day (12h)||2-4|
|Lifting height of the structure (max.)||mm||500|
|Number of crates||pieces||200|
|Number of persons served by the picker (min.)||person||3|
|Air tunnel height (min.)||mm||2.100|
|Air tunnel height (max.)||mm||2.600|
|Inlet air tunnel width||mm||1.400|
|Outlet air tunnel width||mm||900|
|Pneumatic dimensions||inc||400/60-15.5 TL|
Check out our inovative solutions for harvesting berries in Greenhouses:
MAXI Air Jet harvester is optimized for plants from 1.000mm-2.250mm with width up to 1.500mm.
HI-LINE Air Jet harvester is optimised for plants from 1.000mm-2.150mm with width up to 1.200mm.
Suitable with orchard protection, RotoProtect system!
Comparison sheet between Tunnel, Standard, Hi-line and Maxi type.
|Tunnel dimensions (LxHxW) mm||5.200 x 2.100 x 1.400||5.200 x 2.400 x 1.400||5.700 x 2.400 x 1.500||5.200 x 1.900 x 1.400|
|Engine power (kW)||75||75||100||75|
|Plant Height (mm)||1.000-2.000||1.000-2.150||1.000-2.250||1.000-1.900|
|Plant Width till (mm)||1.200||1.200||1.500||1.200|
|Harvesting Capacity (ha/day (12h) up to||4||4||5||4|
|Usage with RotoProtect system||NO||YES||YES||NO|
|Recommended for using in greenhouses||YES||NO||NO||YES|
|Space at the end of the row (turning w/ tractor) m||7||7||8||7|
|Dimensions of the side platforms (mm), AxB||1.180 x 1.280||1.180 x 1.280||1.180 x 1.535||1.400 x 470|
|Height of conveyor belts in the crates area (mm)||585||585||900||585|
|Harvester height (mm)||2.650||2.950||2.950||2.450|